The Oswestry Cemetery Project was and eighteen month project that was run by Oswestry Town Council and supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The Project aims were to:
- Conserve and catalogue the Cemetery archives
- Restore the first headstone
- Research the history of the Cemetery
- Research the people buried in the Cemetery
- Create a website that hosts the Oswestry Cemetery collection catalogue and grave survey database
- Map the Cemetery using GPS
- Produce new information leaflets and signage (now available at the Cemetery and online)
The Project relied on volunteers and offered a variety of volunteering opportunities. Some volunteer opportunities are still being offered. Further details can be found on the volunteers page.
Find out more about the Project, searching the burials database and volunteering by clicking on the links above.
Learn more about what happened during the Project by downloading the quarterly newsletters.